- RELEASED: 29 Oct 2014
- FORMAT: Deluxe box set / LP / 3×10″ / DVD / Cassette / Book
- LABEL: ZTT / Union Square Music
- CAT No.: SALVOFLBX001
- DESIGN: Openmind / Philip Marshall
- WRITING: Paul Morley / Ian Peel
- PHOTOGRAPHY: John Stoddart / Peter Ashworth / AJ Barratt / Anton Corbijn
- ILLUSTRATION: Lo Cole / Anne Yvonne Gilbert
- SPOTTERS DELIGHT: Funded by fans via Pledge Music, 2000 sets were produced with over half of those going to pledgers before the remainder were offered via conventional channels.
- EXTRA ZEN: BUY
The opportunity seemed too good to be true – getting to co-design a deluxe box set of a pivotal album from my youth and a chance to use unseen interviews and visual material I’d been collecting for the best part of a decade. The request arrived early in January of 2014 from Union Square who would be producing the set with material licensed from ZTT and releasing it via Pledge Music, a kind of Kickstarter for new releases.
A workload of Ian Peel’s musical and written curation would be supplemented by design and graphic input from myself and Philip Marshall in the form of a box that would house a remastered replica of the original LP, three 10″ discs, a DVD, a cassette, three prints, a book and more. Without any confirmed track list I sat down to sketch out some ideas for this based on existing designs from the 1984 time period and started creating …